Sunday, June 5, 2011

I know it's not february.....but i'm feeling a month of love!


In the past week I have thought a lot about love....what it is....why we need it...and how we receive it. I love the quote by Frank Clark, "A baby is born needing to be loved and that never changes." It is so true how we have to be able to feel that we are loved from different people and in different ways in our life.

"To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness." Robert Brault had a pretty good point. We should love and love unconditional and make the person that loves us realize why they love us. It is important to get lost in the selflessness of it all and love by taking care of someones needs before your own. Loving someone should really be about that persons happiness.

"I think another important factor of love is forgiveness. And not only forgiveness but looking past someones faults because lets be honest we all have them. "You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip." Jonathan Carroll (Good point Jonathan, although i'm pretty sure i'd rather have someone that I feel comfortable will laugh with me!)

But then again when you love someone you also have to remember that your happiness is still vital. So where do you draw the line in giving up things for someone you love? You still have to do things for yourself and take care of your happiness. I've realized that sacrifice is great....but only when you can see that it goes both ways. It's so hard to constantly give and give and give if you aren't receiving things back in the way that you feel you need to....but maybe that is the ultimate selfless way. I guess Im not there yet!

I also think it is important that we recognize when someone is trying to show us that they love us and that we are important to them. I took this for granted with something that someone did for me today....and rather realize how sweet it was of them to do something for me, it was easier to think why it wasn't enough....OUCH...looks like I have something to work on.

Anyway enough blabbing....I do love life and I love life for so many different reasons. Here are some of them! (And yes I will take this as the opportunity to sport some Disney World pics! It is the most magical place on earth).

Family Friends! I love my friends that I consider to be family. Especially ones that take me in like this and treat me like real family. I feel extremely blessed to have them in my life.

Love you long time!!!! That should really be enough to explain! What started out as a "forced" visiting teaching friendship turned into something that will last a lifetime. I am grateful for people like this that are placed in my life because I need them. Hopefully I am helpful for them as well.

I love having good friends....great friends! One's that I know would do anything for me and I hope they know I would do the same for them. Another S.L.A.C.K trip anyone?

The temple for me represents more of the gospel and how much I love that it is a part of my life. I feel extremely blessed to experience the joys and receive the blessings of it. Every Sunday and on many other occasions I recognize how blessed I am to have it, as well as a savior who atoned for me so that I can return to Him and my Father in Heaven and live with my family forever. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the ultimate blessing and really helps me understand and get through life a bit better. We do always have someone we can talk to who is looking out for our ultimate happiness.


I got to spend 12 days with these lovely ones and I'm not sure I can describe how much all of my nieces and nephews mean to me. The one sure way to feel loved is to talk to or spend time with them. When it came time to leave Dallas...Ellie wasn't very happy with the idea and spent a good couple days very emotional. Nothing really makes you feel loved like that. I also realize that in loving them back I need to be the example that they need because they love me so much and look up to me. Love you guys! Can't wait for the next star wars weekend!

Now this is an easy one! I feel extremely blessed to have him as one of the biggest parts of my life the past 6 months. I think a lot of loving someone is knowing that they would be there for you if you need anything....well a couple late night phone calls...an emergency room visit...throwing up in his hands. I would say this one loves me. Well that love isn't just one way. I love spending time with him and getting to be with him. Not a day goes by that I don't think of something I want to do so that I can show him I love him. He is one of the funniest, most talented, hardworking individuals that I have ever met. He makes sure that he takes care of me and my needs. Through perfect days and not so perfect days I know he is always there. Aren't best friends so great!?! I love you!


Now the real love in this photo could be devoted to the pineapple floats or it could be towards my sister. We have had quite and interesting array of experiences together for the past 22 years. Through everything I know she is always there and always wants what is best for me. I know people talk about how they love their siblings and they are the best, but I really think I lucked out on this one. I like to think I had a say in having her as my sister in Heaven, who knows maybe we were best friends before coming here and really didn't want to be separated. She deals with so much in her life and is such an example to me. I feel blessed to have her in my life.

The miracle child is one that I love. After going through some hard stuff this girl is here and is as spunky as can be. I love that she loves that she is named after me. We've always had a special bond and I can't wait to watch her grow up and see what great things she does in life. I LOVE YOU ELIZABETH STEPHANIE!

I love swimming with sharks! Or maybe just the whole Disney experience all together....but I especially loved this part!

I love warm weather and my mother....but mostly my mother!! She always wanted to be like my Grandma and guess what mom? You are exactly like her!

The different adventures at Disney!! How could life really get much better. Thankfully I will be going twice this year!

SO I GUESS THE THEME IS TO JUST LOVE AND BE LOVED!!

“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.” C.S. Lewis


I think when I spend more time working on that book I will write a chapter on love, and I think I'll spend my life loving! It sounds more appealing then the alternative!



1 comment:

  1. ummm? where was MY picture? Where was MY shout out? unbelievable. How can you say you love me?.... ;) hahah jk, I don't need a shout out to know that we are RPF4L!!! Love you girl! And this post is beautiful. You make soo many good comments and bring a lot to my mind. Love is a huge theme in my life right now. The meaning of it. How much to give. Someone gave John and I some advice once, they said, "give graciously, take responsibly".. its about love. I took it to mean, take when you feel you need, but not all the time. And give, give, give, give, GIVE. Always give, and give without conditions. But when you take, take knowing the consequences and the results.

    I love you girl. You are an amazing lady. I am grateful to have you in my life. I wish we lived closer. I miss you everyday. every minute. and every time I get naked.

    ReplyDelete